- 25 train cars in the general 5 colors (with a new shape!)
- 50 boats in the general 5 colors
- 80 train cards (11 of each color, 14 locomotives, no oranges or blues)
- 60 ship cards (4 singles and 6 doubles in each color)
- 65 tickets for World
- 55 tickets for Great Lakes (you won't need these)
- 3 harbours in each color
- 5 wooden score markers
- Rules Booklet for World and Great Lakes
Same as the base game, but...
- Give each player their harbours
- Give each player all their travel pieces
- Give each player 3 train cards and 7 ship cards
- Give 5 tickets to each player; they must choose at least 3.
Same as in the base game, but...
- On this map alone, trains can extend across the board, for example, Cristchurch-Valparaiso.
- Pair Routes
- Tour Tickets
The world is changing fast. All over the world, railroad tracks bridge countries and continents, and trips that would take weeks can now be completed in a matter of days. Water is no longer the obstacle it once was; now, huge ocean liners carry hundreds of passengers across the sea. From Los Angeles to Sydney, from Murmansk to Dar Es Salaam, Ticket to Ride: Rails & Sails takes you on a railroad adventure across the entire globe. All aboard, and get ready for an unforgettable journey!
- This game is set after 1984, the year Cambridge Bay was acknowledged as a hamlet. It is the second most modern map after Maerklin.
- The background is rather undetailed, showing no trace of Korea or many big lakes.